How do I make an appointment?
- Dr. Porter generally requires that anyone seeking a new patient appointment have their referring physician’s office contact Dr. Porter’s office at (602) 406-4856 to obtain a consult/referral form.
- The referring doctor’s office should send or fax (602-406-3369) that consult/referral form along with patient demographics, records, a copy of the patient’s insurance card, recent films (dated within the past six months), and a referral if required by the patient’s current insurance company.
- If the patient is a self-referral, then he or she is required to provide all of the above records before the patient will be scheduled for an appointment. These records can be mailed, faxed or hand carried to us.
What happens next?
- Dr. Porter will review the patient's records before any appointment is scheduled, so that the most appropriate level of care can be given for his or her condition. The office will call the patient after the review is completed to advise him or her if an appointment is needed.
- Dr. Porter's office will email to the patient all necessary forms required for the appointment, so they can be filled out in advance. In the event the patient does not have an email address, the office can mail paper forms upon request.
- Patients with appointments should plan to come in 30 minutes early for registration. If new films were ordered after Dr. Porter’s review, these should be brought along with the patient’s insurance card and photo identification.
What else do I need to know?
- Dr. Porter schedules patients Mondays and Wednesdays at three different offices: Mondays and occasional Wednesdays in Phoenix, the first two Wednesdays of the month in Sun City, and the last two Wednesdays of the month in Ahwatukee.
- Phoenix: 2910 N. 3rd Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85013
- Ahwatukee: 4530 E. Muirwood Dr., Suite 110, Phoenix, AZ 85048
- Dr. Porter will see patients who have had previous surgery(s).
- Dr. Porter will not see Workers’ Comp patients.
- Dr. Porter will not see patients who have been involved in motor vehicle accidents.